(I meant to post this like 2 months ago, I'm a little behind!!)
So the other day I was giving Kaitlyn a list of jobs she had to do and as she was about to let out a whine I stopped her with "well, everyday can't be a party." She replied with, "Why not"???? Well, why not?? Cause life still needs to happen. We still need to function and do normal, everyday activities. Sometimes I think in the cyberspace world we live in, things can be deceiving. Ok, a LOT deceiving. I'll be the first person to admit that I love to play. And come on........you don't get on here to see pictures of me sitting home in sweat pants doing laundry, scrubbing toilets, or checking my dog for parasites. But in our "real, normal, everyday world" this is what you would have found going on at my house this summer.
The kids showed lambs at the fair for 4-H, which meant walking them daily, taking care of them, good summer project.
Kaitlyn joined the high school army ColorGuard, which she loves, and I love too, but it did consume our life!!! We figured she spent 356 hours in practice and performances!
Summer jobs included mowing the lawn weekly.
Landon got his first "real job" working for a farmer moving pipe and other things. This was his mode of transportation to work, which started mighty early!
He also had the weekly lawn mowing job at our house.
And Jaxon's favorite pasttime is riding in this golf cart. Favorite...like....above anything else. I told him maybe he can be a caddy one day.
My boys went three days a week to my favorite place - Crossfit Iota and did the kids crossfit. I loved the kids shirts.
And Kaitlyn started driving. She hit a car pulling out of the DMV the day we got her permit.......help me. And for all of you parents out there thinking it's a hard job to have toddlers......you have no idea. Call me in 10 years.

1 comment:
ooohhh...I didn't know they had kids crossfit in the summer. I'm thinking that looks like a great thing to do!
Post a Comment